Doing business with government can be very attractive because they offer long term contracts and always pay their bills, albeit a little slowly sometimes. In our experience companies wanting to do regular business with government fall into three categories – which one are you?
- You recognise that you have to make an investment in gearing up but you do not understand the government market and are not sure where or how to start.
- You have lodged a few government tenders without success and are wondering where you went wrong, what you need and what you can do to be win some new business.
- You are experienced and lodge 6 or more tenders per year. While you have had some success you are worried about the time and effort your staff put into the government tenders and how this takes away from their normal duties and results. You are looking for a trusted partner that can take over the tendering work and improve your win ratios.
At Corfocus, we believe preparation pays off and that companies who win government tenders consistently are willing to invest in this preparation. So, any of the scenarios above sound like your company and you are prepared to invest in winning future government tenders then Corfocus can help you.
We do this work in three phases. In the first two phases we build and implement your Tender Machine. In the third phase we write your future tenders and carry out scheduled health checks to ensure you are always working with the latest information.
Phase 1 – Tender Readiness
How tender ready are you and where have you been making mistakes?
Corfocus will assess two of your past tenders to identify any mistakes or shortcomings and then use our Tender Readiness Checklist to review your existing tender development resources. It is best if we do this work on site at your facilities but we can also do it remotely if you send through your materials. The output from Phase 1 is a concise report highlighting what you need to do to win government tenders consistently.
Phase 2 – Building Your Tendering Machine
Here we use the Phase 1 report as a work program to develop all the materials you need for a winning Tender Machine. The work is usually done over a period of 4 to 8 weeks depending on your timeframe and our commitments. By the end of Phase 2 you will have a Tender Machine that will serve as a platform for all your future government tenders. No more starting from a blank page and working frantically against impossible deadlines while still trying to service existing clients. Typically, the work program might involve:
- Analysing tender documents that represent the kind of tendering opportunities you want to pursue;
- Developing a bid/no bid decision model;
- Documenting and flow-charting your business processes;
- Building answers to assessment criteria that appear regularly;
- Preparing generic project plans to include in future tenders;
- Developing reference projects that describe where you have done similar work for similar clients; and
- Training for you and your bid development staff
Phase 3 – Embedding and Winning More Tenders
Now you have all the knowledge and systems in place Corfocus will work with you to make sure the system is embedded into your business. As your “on call” experts we will:
- Analyse future government RFTs and develop your response strategy;
- Develop any new material required to address the requirements in each government tender.
- Write your government tenders and provide drafts for your review;
- Carry out health checks every 6 months to incorporate any new material into your Tender Machine and ensure you are always working with the most recent information.
Benefits for your business
We recognise that there is an upfront investment but the results of our existing clients show that Preparation Pays Off. The benefits of investing in your Tender Machine are:
- You can lodge more tenders more efficiently because you are better organised;
- Outsourcing the tender writing to Corfocus means you and your staff can focus on core business
- You win more tenders because your tenders are designed to give the Tender Evaluation Panel what they are looking for.
- The overall cost of tendering reduces as your Tender Machine evolves.
Your Call to ACTION
The sooner you build your Tender Machine the sooner you start winning government tenders consistently.